Happy St. Patrick’s Day 2017! In addition to happiness and smiles, SmileDirectClub brings to you candy rainbows and pots of gold. These cute cupcakes are easy to make when you’re in a pinch. Looking to make something festive and fun? Just grab a few bags of candy, cupcake mix, and the following ingredients for homemade icing. This cupcake recipe, a SmileDirectClub favorite, was created by Six Sisters’ Stuff and is prepared to serve 24 of your favorite smiling faces. Enjoy!
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package of white or chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Green food coloring
- 12 Airheads Xtremes Rainbow candy
- Mini marshmallows
- 24 Rolo candies
- Gold sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Let cool.
- To make the frosting, beat butter until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy cream and salt. Mix together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add green food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Spread or pipe frosting on top of each cupcake.
- Cut each AirHeads Xtremes candy in half and place on top of each cupcake to create an arch.
- Place two mini marshmallows on each end of the rainbow.
- To make the pot of gold, pipe a small amount of frosting onto the wide end of each Rolo, then press into gold sprinkles until all the frosting is covered. Place on the cupcake.