You have a straighter new smile and a lot to be proud of. You chose invisible aligners and were diligent in following your smile plan every step of the way. Now, you love looking in the mirror and can’t wait to show off your smile wherever you go. Make sure you preserve that smile you worked so hard to achieve by wearing custom retainers to keep your teeth in place.
Why should you wear retainers?
- Without retainers, teeth will move back to their original position.
- Like your aligners, retainers are custom-fitted for your new smile.
- Retainers are made from thicker plastic than aligners, keeping your teeth snugly in place.
Important things to keep in mind about your retainers
- Plan to wear them long-term. You and your retainers are in this for the long haul. Wear them all day and night, except when eating and drinking, for the first two weeks. Then, wear them every night for at least 8 hours.
- Follow the simple instructions included with your retainers.
- Clean them regularly to avoid plaque and bacteria build up. Be sure to brush them gently with a soft toothbrush (no toothpaste!) Rinse with warm water when inserting and removing. For a deeper clean, soak in a bowl of retainer cleaner.
- When not in your mouth, be sure your retainers are in their case – no pockets, backpacks or purses.
- Replace your retainers every 6 months to keep them tight fitting.
Oral healthcare is a lifelong tradition: brush and floss daily, eat right and keep up those semi-annual dental visits for regular cleaning and checkups. Share your success with a smile.
Buy Your Retainers Today!