OK, 40-something. Think teeth-straightening is reserved for the teenage set? Think again!
Maybe you spent your hard-earned savings to help your own teen straighten their smile, or maybe your parents just couldn’t afford braces when you were a kid. Some of you may have even had braces, but years of not wearing your retainer has caused your teeth to relapse to their crookedness.
We’re here with good news. It’s never too late to get a smile you can be proud of!
Why should adults straighten their teeth?
A straighter, brighter smile comes with many benefits.
- Health benefits: Crooked teeth and misaligned jaws can lead to gum disease. This can spread and cause issues with the heart and respiratory system, cause neck and back pain, and more.
- Research shows that a confident smile makes an enormous difference in first impressions, professionally, socially, and romantically.
- Oral health: when teeth are straight, cleaning them is easier and more effective, so gum disease and bone loss are reduced. Teeth will last a lot longer.
It’s common for adults to straighten their smiles.
If you’re considering getting a straighter smile, you’re not alone. In 2014, more than half of all orthodontic patients were adults, and the reasons are clear and simple.
- People are living longer and focusing on maintaining a more youthful look. Cosmetics, health clubs, weight-loss choices and diets, and anti-aging skin products and procedures are a big market for those over 40.
- Medical experts explain that your teeth and jaws support the lower half of the face and your smile. A healthier smile = a younger appearance.
- It’s your turn. If you’re an empty nester, now’s the perfect time to do something for yourself.
- Bones can change with age, so even if your teeth were straight in your youth, there may be movement as you age.
- Healthy teeth often indicate healthy lifestyle and security to onlookers.
Invisible aligners make getting a straighter smile easy.
- Clear aligners are discreet. Many adults find them much more appealing than metal braces.
- Unlike other teeth straightening methods, invisible aligners are removable, so they can be taken out when eating, drinking, and cleaning.
- Teeth straightening with invisible aligners can be done at home for a one-time payment of $1895. That’s a lot less expensive than other in-office treatments, so you don’t have to dip into your retirement.
- Your time is your own. From the free smile assessment to your impressions to wearing your aligners, you can complete each step at home in the time you choose.
- Your smile plan is custom-designed and overseen by a licensed dentist or orthodontist. Plus, SmileDirectClub customer service is available 23 hours a day by phone, email, chat or social media, so you can reach out with questions or concerns and get a speedy answer.
- Best of all: Many dental insurance plans and HSA/FSA accounts will cover much of the cost.
Oh, and you’re in excellent company. Tom Cruise straightened his teeth at 40, Faye Dunaway at 61, and many of your generation’s favorite music-makers from the ’80s and ’90s have brand new smiles to take on tour.
See if you’re a good candidate for clear aligners.
Take the Smile Assessment